LitPunx! Used book/comic hauls

General posts about Dagger, books, vidcons, anime, TV, the ongoing collapse of western civilization and Don's student loans. no politics
containercore
Re: LitPunx! Used book/comic hauls

Post by containercore » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:52 pm

AdamZane wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:07 am
containercore wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:56 pm
bookhaul.jpg
Used bookstore nearby had a bunch of neat stuff, wish they'd had volumes I & II of the Louis XIV book tho because now I have to track those down.
books2.jpg
Bought two copies of The Magus since one's a gift for a friend but ended up with one copy of the revised 70's edition (red) and a copy of the original 1965 edition (green) so I guess I have to find some one to trade with to get the updated version.

Not pictured (because my phone's dead) History of Frederick the Great by Thomas Carlyle, The Eighteenth Century Background by Basil Willey and Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino (part of the gift bundle for my friend).
Fuck man Im jealous of those Noh plays you read em yet any worth while From what i read in the past noh is a lot less palatable than kabuki the latter tends towards the working class and societal struggles embodied in individuals
I've only read the introduction so far, but picked up because it was an Arthur Waley translation and his translations are still considered some of the best for Chinese and Japanese literature, so I'm sure it will be a good read.
ForeverWar

Re: LitPunx! Used book/comic hauls

Post by ForeverWar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:16 pm

>Alan Derschowitz

I always think of this:

the word is a virus