Shoutbox Aphorisms for the Gentleman Gamer

General posts about Dagger, books, vidcons, anime, TV, the ongoing collapse of western civilization and Don's student loans. no politics
don
Site Admin
Re: Shoutbox Aphorisms for the Gentleman Gamer

Post by don » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:05 pm

zombee wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:03 pm
I want to make a show called "shipped" where we cut back and forth between two attractive, upwardly mobile 20 somethings who are both romantically unsuccessful. We make it clear that they are obviously perfect for each other (similar in some ways and perfectly compensating where the other lacks.) We make it clear that they have mutual friends in common. So like, dudes best friend plays pick-up sports with girl's gay roommate, and then some other two degree connection.
zombee wrote:
Then, twice a season they almost meet (like they sit on the same bus. Or they attend the same party but one leaves just before the other arrives). We repeat this over for like 4 years, showing them continually failing in romance and becoming more and more desperate. And then the show just ends. Like we make it seem like they are going to sit next to each other on a plane or something, and then one of them just get's hit by a car and dies.
zombee wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:04 pm
and it's about how true love is theoretically possible, but always just out of reach because the universe is conspiring against you.
zombee wrote:
maybe an episode where they are set up on a blind date, but then girl has to no-show because her grandma dies.
zombee wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:05 pm
anyway.
weaksausage

Post by weaksausage » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 pm

don wrote:
zombee wrote:
I want to make a show called "shipped" where we cut back and forth between two attractive, upwardly mobile 20 somethings who are both romantically unsuccessful. We make it clear that they are obviously perfect for each other (similar in some ways and perfectly compensating where the other lacks.) We make it clear that they have mutual friends in common. So like, dudes best friend plays pick-up sports with girl's gay roommate, and then some other two degree connection.
zombee wrote:
Then, twice a season they almost meet (like they sit on the same bus. Or they attend the same party but one leaves just before the other arrives). We repeat this over for like 4 years, showing them continually failing in romance and becoming more and more desperate. And then the show just ends. Like we make it seem like they are going to sit next to each other on a plane or something, and then one of them just get's hit by a car and dies.
zombee wrote:
and it's about how true love is theoretically possible, but always just out of reach because the universe is conspiring against you.
zombee wrote:
maybe an episode where they are set up on a blind date, but then girl has to no-show because her grandma dies.
zombee wrote:
anyway.
How I almost met your mother.

How I flogged the dolphin.

Just some thoughts on cheesy titles.
zombee

Post by zombee » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:23 pm

don wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:18 pm
I didn't like it because when they got the deepest in to the mind it looked like a goldeneye level
don wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:18 pm
who dreams about goons on snowmobiles
zombee

Post by zombee » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:56 pm

zombee wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:54 pm
A film that's basically "DIE HARD" except John Mcclane is a bunch of SJWs and Hans Gruber is a guy who is going to say the N-word to two friends in the privacy of his own home.
don
Site Admin

Post by don » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:58 pm

GenerallyKilling wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:51 pm
there is perpetual wrongness in the world don jolly but everything here is under control
don wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:52 pm
don likes that
don
Site Admin

Post by don » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:29 pm

peng wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:27 pm
epic flame wars where sick burns cause trauma both mentally and from your wetwired cybernetic feedback circuits cause you to become literally retarded
zombee

Post by zombee » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:59 pm

don wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:58 pm
Welcome to America -- we're the richest empire in the history of the world, our leaders are bloodsucking pedos and we have access to alien technology
zombee

Post by zombee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:34 am

SpaceLions wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:56 am
At this point, I'd rather have a fucking king tell me that i'm his subject than a neocon or a neolib telling me that "we're going to increase taxes because this is for the good of the whole. and I did this for you, I was doing this for you, I am your public servant." No you aren't; you're raping and eating children on an island in the south pacific, and then telling me I'm insane for pointing this out for like a decade. And then when it comes out as true, you're like "well yes, you were true the whole time, but it was only this one person; it wasn't me." Fuck you.