What attracted you to DAGGER?

General posts about Dagger, books, vidcons, anime, TV, the ongoing collapse of western civilization and Don's student loans. no politics
JacobGooch
Re: What attracted you to DAGGER?

Post by JacobGooch » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:47 am

I really like this sentiment of “in the Chan but not of the Chan” that I feel from daggermag. Hearing Don talk about Lollies on HW in such a way was hilarious and got me curious enough to eventually buy a magazine and shove it in my friend’s faces.
Say your prayers
ganymede

Post by ganymede » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:19 pm

I too found Dagger through Don's HydeWars appearance. Dons michievous smile and spirited testimony sold me immediately.
nfl69

Post by nfl69 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:41 pm

became aware via hydewars, saw him post a link to the best shadow ring song on youtube, bought daggermag, now i'm here
bizzaro

Post by bizzaro » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:00 pm

I think I was first linked to dagger on 8ch.
I skimmed some of the articles and liked them. Bookmarked the page and forgot about it.
I watch the eating in bed episode of hydewars and went to go to dagger in my browser and it auto completed.
Bought the physical copy and have been following ever since.
hitagi

Post by hitagi » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:16 pm

i remember reading don's bernstein post on r/mde back when the whole blockhead joe fiasco was in full force. fast forward a lil bit and he had advertised dagger issue 1 on the sub. loved every word of it and have been following it since. i was afraid that after sword of trump the engine driving this creative force of nature had died, and it brings me so much joy that we now have a community to bask in dagger's glow collectively.
ImageImageImage
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:58 am

Also came here from HydeWars. Eating in bed was a classic. Next day went and read everything on Dagger.com, never read anything like it. When I read Wakefield in issue 3 (first time I'd read/heard of Wakefield) juxtaposed with the psychology of Evangelion fans I was hooked. The Forest Of Cuties and Sweeties still sticks with me, too. I have no idea what a lot of the stories mean, but I take away some profound feeling after reading a lot of them. A while after the Dagger videos started up I bought Dagger#1. It's a blessed thing that such a good community exists around it.
Loud Speakers MC

Post by Loud Speakers MC » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:04 am

Hydewars.
weaksausage

Post by weaksausage » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:58 pm

I liked Ubershoes. No freaking joke. That video was fire!

M.. Menthol's not in here is he?????
レバニラ

Post by レバニラ » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:15 pm

A little late but:

Saw Don Jolly on HydeWars.
Went and checked out Dagger on that recommendation.
I enjoyed that it felt like something was written where I was a member of a target audience. Like it might be the first time I ever felt exactly like the target audience for something that actually hit the mark.

For me one of the deal sealers was Fragrant Story. I can't put it into words without sounding cliche and hyperbolic, but it was without a doubt the most true to my life story I ever read. Mothers' obsession with teenage cum. It was painfully real to read.
Call me Liver.
Ghân

Post by Ghân » Sun May 05, 2019 7:01 am

Saw Don on Hyde Wars, and could see he was a real ni66er, so well-read and passionate about the topics he studies. I thought, "I WANT TO BE THIS GUY'S FRIEND."

Then, I watched some of the streams with Don and Matt, and thought "Well I'll be damned, there's another real ni66er." I was inspired by their attitude toward making art: stick to the craft, don't worry about the cultural climate, just find like-minded people and share and keep the ball rolling.

So, I went to Dagger Mag and purchased their magazine. And I sent them a link to my music project. Then I heard about the forum. Now I'm here!