Funny foods thread

General posts about Dagger, books, vidcons, anime, TV, the ongoing collapse of western civilization and Don's student loans. no politics
KHOKABOG
Funny foods thread

Post by KHOKABOG » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Twinks and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to my childhood (and adulthood) favorite - Hematogen.

Produced by various companies in Eastern Europe and the Baltics, Hematogen is a candy bar made with black food albumin (read: blood) and various other ingredients. Usually given to blood donors after the procedure, it's rich in iron and vitamin B12.The catch? A slight metallic tinge to the fudgy goodness you consume. Cow's blood and all. Some brands cover it in chocolate, others do not, but the ingredient common to all of them is the cow's blood. You can get them at most Eastern Europe import stores in the USA (as far as one of my contacts has told me), and the metallic tinge might be an acquired taste. Technically, it's supposed to be used as a medical product (nutrition supplement), but I just eat it as a snack bar.

If you eat it and are a gentleman - you will gain the titan-like physique of that circus lifter gentleman on the packaging. If you are a twink - you will become leaner and more cute. Enjoy.
Dagger Latvia ♂Dungeon♂Master♂
containercore

Re: Funny foods thread

Post by containercore » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:52 pm

KHOKABOG wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 pm
Twinks and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to my childhood (and adulthood) favorite - Hematogen.

Produced by various companies in Eastern Europe and the Baltics, Hematogen is a candy bar made with black food albumin (read: blood) and various other ingredients. Usually given to blood donors after the procedure, it's rich in iron and vitamin B12.The catch? A slight metallic tinge to the fudgy goodness you consume. Cow's blood and all. Some brands cover it in chocolate, others do not, but the ingredient common to all of them is the cow's blood. You can get them at most Eastern Europe import stores in the USA (as far as one of my contacts has told me), and the metallic tinge might be an acquired taste. Technically, it's supposed to be used as a medical product (nutrition supplement), but I just eat it as a snack bar.

If you eat it and are a gentleman - you will gain the titan-like physique of that circus lifter gentleman on the packaging. If you are a twink - you will become leaner and more cute. Enjoy.
I've heard about these, want some. But we eat a lot of blood pudding in Sweden so it's not that strange.
KHOKABOG

Post by KHOKABOG » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Blood sausage is nice and tasty. Pickled herring with potatoes, dill and quark is a HOLLY BASED food.
Dagger Latvia ♂Dungeon♂Master♂
MidDayDelusion

Post by MidDayDelusion » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:21 pm

None of this is funny. This is looking positively scrumptious! Image
You'd be hard pressed to visit a Polish Deli (not a polished deli!) and not find them serving pickled pigs feet! A true delicacy.
レバニラ

Post by レバニラ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:14 pm

KHOKABOG wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:58 pm
Blood sausage is nice and tasty. Pickled herring with potatoes, dill and quark is a HOLLY BASED food.
Some old ass jewish friends of mine turned me on to pickled herring, and I'm never turning back.
Call me Liver.
Kobold

Post by Kobold » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:38 pm

Hotdog.
The world is a dumpster
Standby for the trash fire
https://coolposs.neocities.org/