Knowen when to quit.

General posts about Dagger, books, vidcons, anime, TV, the ongoing collapse of western civilization and Don's student loans. no politics
Knowen
Knowen when to quit.

Post by Knowen » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:44 pm

I’ve used marijuana for years daily. I used it to eat, I used it to sleep, I used it in a house I used it with a mouse.

But enough it’s enough - it’s been so long since I’ve experienced reality. I’m tired of the anxiety it induces when I’m coming down, I’m tired of the smell, the taste, the nasty resin it leaves in my lungs. I’m tired of the emotional roller coaster it induces and I’m tired of pretending it doesn’t.

Most of all I’m ready to experience feelings again. I’ve neglected so many people in my life because of weed. I’ve always put getting high before anything or anyone else. Weed allows me to escape into my own little world - basically a childish safe space. I ignore everything including the people who love me most.

it’s only been a couple of days but my head already feels clearer. It’s tempting to smoke and escape the fears and insecurities I’ve been muting for so long but I know that it would only set me back and depress me.

I know some people can casually and responsibility consume marijuana but I am not one of those people - I always take it to the extreme.

I’ve been so fortunate to have friends and family and loved ones care so deeply for me. I will not ignore them any longer because they don’t deserve that kind of treatment.
nfl69

Re: Knowen when to quit.

Post by nfl69 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:39 pm

good luck dude, enjoy the ride that is reality

let us know when you start having dreams again, always a trip
DevilDoa

Post by DevilDoa » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:17 pm

Last edited by DevilDoa on Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loud Speakers MC

Post by Loud Speakers MC » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:55 pm

https://na.org/admin/include/spaw2/uplo ... Symbol.pdf

Go, bro.

Find a YPG that encourages older people to monitor and be themselves. It's humbling as fuck.
Knowen wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:44 pm
I’ve used marijuana for years daily. I used it to eat, I used it to sleep, I used it in a house I used it with a mouse.

But enough it’s enough - it’s been so long since I’ve experienced reality. I’m tired of the anxiety it induces when I’m coming down, I’m tired of the smell, the taste, the nasty resin it leaves in my lungs. I’m tired of the emotional roller coaster it induces and I’m tired of pretending it doesn’t.

Most of all I’m ready to experience feelings again. I’ve neglected so many people in my life because of weed. I’ve always put getting high before anything or anyone else. Weed allows me to escape into my own little world - basically a childish safe space. I ignore everything including the people who love me most.

it’s only been a couple of days but my head already feels clearer. It’s tempting to smoke and escape the fears and insecurities I’ve been muting for so long but I know that it would only set me back and depress me.

I know some people can casually and responsibility consume marijuana but I am not one of those people - I always take it to the extreme.

I’ve been so fortunate to have friends and family and loved ones care so deeply for me. I will not ignore them any longer because they don’t deserve that kind of treatment.
Knowen

Post by Knowen » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:47 am

6 months and still going strong.
nfl69

Post by nfl69 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:24 pm

Knowen wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:47 am
6 months and still going strong.

good word dude, how does it feel?
Knowen

Post by Knowen » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:25 pm

feels weird to be honest.
It’s admittedly harder to enjoy things like listening to music and watching movies cause that’s the stuff I used to do while high. I think my short term memory is a lot better though and I have less paranoia. I’m hoping after a year I will feel like I did before i started smoking.
nfl69

Post by nfl69 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:36 pm

it can take a while, i've heard, to get to that spot...but a year is probably about right more or less... keep on keepin on!