SPOOKY SHIT

General posts about Dagger, books, vidcons, anime, TV, the ongoing collapse of western civilization and Don's student loans. no politics
KHOKABOG
SPOOKY SHIT

Post by KHOKABOG » Sat May 04, 2019 10:23 am

Post spooky shit.
Dagger Latvia ♂Dungeon♂Master♂
containercore

Re: SPOOKY SHIT

Post by containercore » Sat May 04, 2019 11:30 am

Loud Speakers MC

Post by Loud Speakers MC » Sun May 05, 2019 12:58 am

Afghanistan 2011.
Checkpoint REDACTED.
Farah Province, Afghanistan.
Village Stability Operations (VSO), Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force-Afghanistan (CJSTOF-A)

Evening.
Smoking cigarettes with the other guys on the roof.
Probably Seven Star cigarettes, or Pines cigarettes.
I didn't have any Marlboro Reds from the states yet, and I ran out of Lucky Strikes months ago that I bought from the European side of the camp we stayed at before I was sent out to my Village Stability Platform (VSP).
Get sent out to this checkpoint south of our VSP for over a month.
We're just outside of 120mm mortar range, so it's just a half dozen or so of us on our own.
Biggest weapons systems we have are a remote operated M240B machine gun on the top of our MATV-SOF Variant, an M240B machine gun we keep on the roof that we always have to wipe down and keep slick with US government issued Cleaner, Lubricant, Preservative (CLP) multiple times a day because of the Afghan "moon dust," and the SOF variant of the Mark 19 Grenade Machine Gun we also keep on the roof that we also have to wipe down and lubricate with this thicker white CLP that people in the military call/called "Monkey Cum."
We had to take shits in bags, and throw the bags into a burn pile behind our checkpoint.
We had a burn pit right next to where we slept, and had to burn all the things we were told we couldn't burn, but we had to because the Taliban would use it for making IEDs.
We had M18 claymore mines set up near entrances and openings in the mud wall surrounding our checkpoint, and a claymore clacker next to where we set up the camping shitter chair in case someone taking a shit got overrun by Taliban.
Any time we tried to bathe, Taliban would either shoot at us (never happened when I did it the one time I did it), or huge desert wasps/bees would attack us when we would start the ancient pump and generator down in the "Karez" cavern 20 feet below the surface of the ground.
So it's evening one night, and I'm smoking cigarettes with the other guys on the roof.
Little to no artificial light use as far as the eye can see.
I can actually see neighboring galaxies when I'm on my guard shift when I look up at the sky with my night vision goggles (NODS).
Anyway... so it's evening, and we're sitting there smoking cigarettes.
Huge flash of light from the top of the sky.
It lights up the entire valley, the entire world around us.
The light is so bright that it's brighter than day time.
The entire world is brighter than daylight for miles.
It lasts a few seconds.
It stops.
There is no sound. Nothing.
My natural night vision from my eyes gets fucked up.
Nobody says a word for about 10 seconds.
One of the Cavalry Scouts finally mutters "You see that?"
Everyone nervously answers "Yeah."
Some people quietly put their cigarettes out, and go back down into the mudhut we occupied from the Taliban, back when they were using it as a heroin drug house and IED storage facility.
Years go by.
I'm still on Facebook at this point.
I find some other SOF dudes that were there with me on that deployment.
I talk to one who was up at the VSP north of our checkpoint.
We get to talking about the old days.
I bring up the flash of light.
"Did you guys remember when I was down at the checkpoint, and there was a huge flash of light in the sky? Did you guys see it? Did anybody talk about it up at our village?"
"Yeah." he said. "We saw that too."
I still don't know what the fuck.
DevilDoa

Post by DevilDoa » Mon May 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Last edited by DevilDoa on Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
KHOKABOG

Post by KHOKABOG » Mon May 06, 2019 5:50 pm

Dagger Latvia ♂Dungeon♂Master♂
DevilDoa

Post by DevilDoa » Tue May 07, 2019 6:28 pm

Last edited by DevilDoa on Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Georg W.B.L.M.H.

Post by Georg W.B.L.M.H. » Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 am

Found this shit from back when I played a dipshit ARG that was advertised on /x/. I still don't know if this guy was a gamejacker or what. His channel used to link to a tumblr blog, but that's gone too.

This guy liked to make references to Jonestown

A couple of TTS voices overlaid with unrelated footage. The second one had one of the ARG people thinking it was part of the game.

A couple of his fun videos

Here's one from the actual ARG, which involved a bunch of phone calls and a "facilitator"

Here's one that was reuploaded from one of the character's channels. I don't know what the deal with the commenter is, since the game died a while ago (as far as I know)
DevilDoa

Post by DevilDoa » Tue May 14, 2019 5:14 am

Last edited by DevilDoa on Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penseroso

Post by Penseroso » Tue May 14, 2019 7:21 pm

PKD was definitely the real deal. Direct experience of Logos.