The Bernstein Question

Discuss politics with one rule ... all posts MUST be in support of Hillary Clinton 2020... in here? it's HER turn
dandykaufman
The Bernstein Question

Post by dandykaufman » Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 am

This week, Buzzfeed writer Joe Bernstein published another hard hitting piece of journalism ousting the intellectual dark web known as the 'alt-right'. His track record for speaking truth to power has been demonstrated in the past; he took down the dangerous and scary Sam Hyde, and this time he's focused his efforts on attacking the young and female deplorable nazi """soph""". But despite these important contributions to the social justice movement, and Joe's concern for the safety of us all, I am forced to ask the Bernstein question: is it okay to read articles written by a cishet white man?

Consider that, even when he slays in the name of yas queens everywhere, he is writing from the priviedged perspective of someone who can't imagine what it's like to be a woman like Hilary, or a POC like Obama, or a trans like Caitlyn Jenner. In a way, he's just as poisonous to the social justice movement as the alt-right nazis he criticizes. How could we ever trust a someone who comes from this kind of background and community?
don
Site Admin

Re: The Bernstein Question

Post by don » Thu May 16, 2019 2:27 am

Joe also grew up with a lot of money, and I don't cotton to getting my information from white, cishet aristos. We need the Scarlett Pimpernel (HRC in disguise) to straighten out this whole situation
ZugIslandProdigy

Post by ZugIslandProdigy » Thu May 16, 2019 4:26 pm

Who's Joe Bernstein? Some NYT columnist?
AKA SurfRockFanatic
Kobold

Post by Kobold » Mon May 20, 2019 8:13 pm

This guy sounds like a blockhead! As If id read something written by cishet scum.
The world is a dumpster
Standby for the trash fire
https://coolposs.neocities.org/