Let's Rank Fast Food

General posts about Dagger, books, vidcons, anime, TV, the ongoing collapse of western civilization and Don's student loans. no politics
SpaceLions
Let's Rank Fast Food

Post by SpaceLions » Sat May 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Let's be real:
We're all garbagemen and fast food is our route. We all appreciate a good meal but we can't pretend that we don't enjoy the programmed meals. Here's the link to a handy tool to help rank your fast food into tier lists. Only rank the one's you've had, and explain your reasoning.
http://feedkaceytron.com/tierlists/fastfood/
foodtier.PNG
foodtier.PNG (330.22KiB)Viewed 5262 times
Going from bottom to top:

C-tier: Food that I have never had a good experience with

Sonic - Every fucking time there has been so much oil I have nearly thrown up. They have a bunch of cool slushie flavors but they're so corn syrupy I again, nearly throw up. It's like a hangover without getting to be drunk first.

Panda Express - Bland, really dry so they add a layer of oil to try and make the food eatable. The last three times I've eaten there I have gotten bedriddenly sick afterwards. Maybe I'm a pussy, or maybe I'm allergic to dog meat.

Arby's - One night I was in a car with friends and we spent an hour trying to find a sandwich shop that was open because we all wanted Italian subs. After we found out five shops were closed we settled on Arby's. The Italian sandwich tastes like it's rancid. It was beyond repulsive. A bite from the fruit of knowledge, the lesson being don't eat at Arby's

Quiznos - I put them here because they fired my friend for correcting a manager on how much change she owed a customer.

B-tier:
Food I generally never go for but have had a good meal there occasionally

Jack-in-the-Box - It's like Purina for people, but every now and again it's the only place open and I can get a decent chicken sandwich for cheap. Everything else lacks so much self awareness. Like the eggrolls.

Five Guys - Fuck this place. Yeah the burger is fine, but not for twelve fucking dollars. The fries are limp and overly salty and the fry-to-burger ratio is intentionally stacked toward fries so they can justify charging you more for the burger. Eat a cock, Kike Guys.

Pizza Hut - A sleepover staple when I was a kid. They've actually improved since those days but I still wouldn't choose them over another chain honestly. Their pizz gives me a warm feeling.

Little Caesars - Also a pizz that gives me a warm feeling. When I would go see my grandparents that was the first dinner, followed by comfy TV watching with my grandpa before falling asleep in a bigger bed than the one at home to the dead silence of the country. I have to be fair though, the pizza is not great.

Taco Bell - I fucking love the soft tacos and the quesadillas but nothing else. Well that's a lie I unironically like the Doritos tacos. But the last time I had a quesadilla it literally tasted like bleach and burned my mouth. Also somehow slightly more expensive than most places despite being McDonald's for Mexican food.

Subway - I will crave the shit out of a chicken chipotle southwest sandwich now and again. But then I get it and somehow after eating a footlong sub am hungry three hours later. Plus the last time I pulled up drunk to a late night Subway the sandwich guy was crying while Comfortably Numb played at 11 over the restaurant intercom. I left without ordering and cried in my own car. Not great for your brand, Subway. Neither was the pedophilia.

A-list:
Decent food that I can enjoy but have some gripes with

In-N-Out: I'm just gonna say it, this place is beyond overrated. Califag invaders will move to a state without these and then act like they left Mecca and pray towards it every day. If we go there, I won't say no, the burgers are good, if the buns are a little dense, but the fucking fries. Their fries are literal styrofoam trash. They dust apart in your mouth.

Domino's - Greasy, melty, saucy fuckin' pizza with garlic crust. Fills you up and kisses you goodnight. Great regular deals. If you go outside of marinara and regular toppings though you're running a gambit. The wings aren't good either.

McDonald's - I live and die for the breakfast items and the nuggets, and I'm only putting them here due to conditioning that goes back to my toddler years. I can only do so much.

Burger King - After a ten hour shift at a warehouse, the Burger King dollar menu was my saving grace going home. Their burgers actually taste like real burgers while having the McD price point. Also has anyone noticed that old people go to BK almost in defiance of McD? My grandpa was like that.

KFC - My family is hungry, I don't want to cook, and I can feed four people with twenty bucks. This restaurant can only be enjoyed if you're ravenously hungry and can eat it within fifteen minutes. All other times it's a non-entity.

Dairy Queen - Ice cream (seaweed thickening agent and vanilla) aside, their sandwiches aren't that bad. They're kind of like Wendy's but just a little short on taste.

Jimmy John's - Another food that's only enjoyed while ravenous. Also their delivery is fucking stupid, of course you'll be fast if you deliver ten square meters from your store. That's not a fucking bragging point. If you could speedrun across the city in 15 minutes regularly THAT would be impressive.

S-tier: Good ass fuckin' shit

Carl's Jr. - I used to take the bus to go to driving school, and the schedule meant I had an hour to eat a burger from this magical place. I don't know why this place resonates with me so much, but it just does. I can't really rationalize it's place here. I eat Carl's Jr. the same way I read Archie's Sonic.

Wendy's - There are only two bad items on this entire fucking menu. Two. Everything else slaps, and you can get most of it for five dollars. They have a chicken caesar wrap that's good. A FAST FOOD CAESAR WRAP THAT'S GOOD. Their only sin is trying to sweep the SPICY GOODNESS commercial under the rug by hiring some zoomer to shitpost on twitter. I didn't forget what you did, Wendy's.

Papa John's - I only put this here because I've had it and it was better than the other pizzas on the list. They win the quality award, which is what this list was about. If this was a sentimentality contest Little Caesars would win.

Popeye's - Two spicy three pieces, side of jambalaya, give me extra cajun gravy on the potatoes. I come home to my girlfriend at the time and we cuddle on the couch, eat our bounty and watch Innerspace. The only problem is their shrimp, which I never get anyway, and the occasional bone fragment in the jambalaya.

S+ tier:
The best ass fuckin' shit

Whataburger - THIS IS WHAT IN-N-OUT WISHES THEIR BITCH ASS COULD BE. The first time I had this was in Houston and I didn't specify what size I wanted and they just gave me a large because they aren't PUSSIES. I order one meal and get to eat for another fucking day. Spicy ketchup? Hell yes. Jalapenos and bacon? Hell yes. And get me a Dr. Pepper with that because Texans don't drink Coke, faggot. (Note I am not a Texan)

Jersey Mike's - Again, only on here because it's the best sandwich out of all presented. The only sandwich restaurant I would sperg out about would be the MSM deli in Tacoma, Washington, and that is a sacred sperg out that will not be put next to fast food.

Qdoba - Didn't even bother putting fucking Chipotle on the list because Qdoba is all you fucking need from a burrito. Does Chipotle have three different kinds of queso you can get? No? Just e. coli from locally sourced (read: factory farm using a shell company) sources? Does Chipotle have fucking bacon? Fuck no. Chipotle has nothing and Qdoba has everything, including the cooler name.

Chick-Fil-A - Ladies and gentlemen, the one, the only, the fag feather rustlin', fresh chicken hustlin' grand daddy of all fast food. The hype is real. I had spent my whole life hearing about this place and never knew what it was. Then one day, after a lot of petitioning I might add, they finally franchised a location to Tacoma. The drive thru line went to the fucking highway ramp. Not even three years later there were five more locations up and down the I-5 corridor. This place tastes just fresh. It tastes like real fucking food. It's so juicy. And the sauces do not fuck around.

God. Damn.
SpaceLions

Re: Let's Rank Fast Food

Post by SpaceLions » Sat May 04, 2019 8:03 pm

FUCK DON I MEANT TO POST THIS IN PD
MOVE THE THREAD PLS
UniversalWorldBaby

Post by UniversalWorldBaby » Sat May 04, 2019 8:26 pm

SpaceLions wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Arby's - One night I was in a car with friends and we spent an hour trying to find a sandwich shop that was open because we all wanted Italian subs. After we found out five shops were closed we settled on Arby's. The Italian sandwich tastes like it's rancid. It was beyond repulsive. A bite from the fruit of knowledge, the lesson being don't eat at Arby's
saying arbys is bad because they have bad italian subs is like saying mcdonalds is trash because they have bad salads.
pants on head retarded.

also, all fast food is trash except penn station and paneras (technically)
DonDaggerHi

Post by DonDaggerHi » Sat May 04, 2019 9:35 pm

This makes me wanna start the DaggerFood Reviews already.Thanks for a comprehensive list, it could be a nice starting point for us. Jersey Mikes just opened in Hawaii a few months ago (last month by DaggerHawaii headquarters). I quite enjoyed it. You are spot on about most of them but please dont ever hate on in and out my friend! My favorite burger by far and always at a very low price. Although their fries are only crispy for 5 secs, they are cut fresh in front of you which gives some peace of mind in the fast food world. Look for a Raising Canes Chicken review to come up soon. Thank you
SpaceLions

Post by SpaceLions » Sat May 04, 2019 10:36 pm

DonDaggerHi wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:35 pm
This makes me wanna start the DaggerFood Reviews already.Thanks for a comprehensive list, it could be a nice starting point for us. Jersey Mikes just opened in Hawaii a few months ago (last month by DaggerHawaii headquarters). I quite enjoyed it. You are spot on about most of them but please dont ever hate on in and out my friend! My favorite burger by far and always at a very low price. Although their fries are only crispy for 5 secs, they are cut fresh in front of you which gives some peace of mind in the fast food world. Look for a Raising Canes Chicken review to come up soon. Thank you
Aw shit I love Raising Cane's. We have one really far out of the way but it's always worth it.
AppFata

Post by AppFata » Sun May 05, 2019 1:31 am

Culver's is a great burger and fries type of place. It's more expensive than most fast food chains, but it's worth it, in my opinion. It's the only fast food restaurant I like at all (excluding pizza), but I haven't tried that many. I'm surprised to see Dominos ranked below Papa John's, though. Dominos' pan pizzas are so good, but their wings are definitely a disappointment. I'll have to try Papa John's again some time soon.
ArcadeWeapon

Post by ArcadeWeapon » Sun May 05, 2019 1:45 am

Taco Time incinerates Taco Bell, just gotta give that shoutout.
Doc Hollandaise

Post by Doc Hollandaise » Wed May 08, 2019 3:48 am

UniversalWorldBaby wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:26 pm
SpaceLions wrote:

saying arbys is bad because they have bad italian subs is like saying mcdonalds is trash because they have bad salads.
pants on head retarded.

I gotta agree, I understand that Arby's is pretty much universally reviled, The Original Beef n' Cheddar is the bees knees, you can't get un-curly fries, and also horsey sauce. I think the real lesson here is to stick to the classics, all those places, garbage though they may be have at least one thing on the menu that you have to admit is pretty good, there's the Frosty at Wendy's, steak fingers/Dilly Bar at Dairy Queen, Sonic has cheese tots, and the noble original slider from White Castle

Would I ever get a catfish sandwich from any of those places? No, never, that thought would never cross my mind.

That said, Whataburger is hands down the best, whenever I would meet a fellow Texas ex-pat when I lived in Chicago the conversation would at some point turn to Whataburger
don
Site Admin

Post by don » Wed May 08, 2019 5:09 am

Doc Hollandaise wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:48 am
UniversalWorldBaby wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:26 pm
SpaceLions wrote:

pants on head retarded.

I gotta agree, I understand that Arby's is pretty much universally reviled, The Original Beef n' Cheddar is the bees knees, you can't get un-curly fries, and also horsey sauce. I think the real lesson here is to stick to the classics, all those places, garbage though they may be have at least one thing on the menu that you have to admit is pretty good, there's the Frosty at Wendy's, steak fingers/Dilly Bar at Dairy Queen, Sonic has cheese tots, and the noble original slider from White Castle

Would I ever get a catfish sandwich from any of those places? No, never, that thought would never cross my mind.

That said, Whataburger is hands down the best, whenever I would meet a fellow Texas ex-pat when I lived in Chicago the conversation would at some point turn to Whataburger
Doc Hollandaise knows this because we grew up together but there was a Whataburger down the street from the house that I grew up in and we used to spend a lot of time there. Late night, drunk teen rambles through the parking lot of the funeral home ending in glorious burger heaven -- bigass burgers, loaded with toppings, salty perfect fries ... by the end the table would be full of dip ketchup tubs, now empty, dead soldiers in the eternal war of young men and women fighting for one more hour of social reality against the fatal rising of the sun. I have been gone from Texas for many years now and must admit that I took the Whataburger for granted. I assumed that there were better burgers everywhere, that everyplace would allow a choice of toppings and not taste microwaved, but intervening years have stripped me of my illusions. When you're young you really can't predict the things you'll miss, or the things that will matter to you later on. I think about Whataburger a lot, and I never saw that coming.
ldar

Post by ldar » Wed May 08, 2019 6:37 am

sorry guys mcdonalds and jack in the box are UNSURPASSED UNSURPASSED UNSURPASSED UNSURPASSED UNSURPASSED UNSURPASSED UNSURPASSED UNSURPASSED UNSURPASSED.

mcdonalds is an idealization come to life. the $1 hot and spicy mcchicken is a triumph of capitalism. the $1 cheeseburger. if jack in the box's year-round menu wasn't already stupefyingly varied enough, each seasonal promotion outshines whatever other chain's specialty it is meant to mimic. wendys fast food baked potatos and chilis are genre-defying. taco bell is the metric by which all other drive thru mexican is measured. KFC would be up there too but its quality has been slipping in the last few years.

I want to put Subway and Dominos so much higher on the list but I understand it just takes too much expert knowledge to craft foods on par with the rest of the list.
lhpMHFc.png
lhpMHFc.png (245.99KiB)Viewed 5202 times