Japanimation (AKA "Animé") Central

General posts about Dagger, books, vidcons, anime, TV, the ongoing collapse of western civilization and Don's student loans. no politics
containercore
Japanimation (AKA "Animé") Central

Post by containercore » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:50 am

What are you guys watching? I'm thinking of giving Ikuhara's new show a try even though he's burned me twice with the last two series which were meh and trash respectively, but maybe the ol' Ikuhara lightning will strike again.
peng

Re: Japanimation (AKA "Animé") Central

Post by peng » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:52 am

i keep telling myself im going to finish Nadia Secret of Blue Water but i aint getting around to it
don
Site Admin

Post by don » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:54 am

Mostly I end up watching the original Cutie Honey, which is basically the best fucking cartoon that exists for me. I love that Honey has to sneak out of catholic school to fight crime
prtbc

Post by prtbc » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:06 am

finished watching the tatami galaxy n mobile suit gundam: the origin recently, former innovated upon the prototypical slice of life narrative in a way i hadnt seen since honey & clover, latter was classic giant robot braziness starring the original Big Boss Boy 🅱️har 🅱️anza🅱️le & the kind of animation quality that makes OVA adaptations the Pinnacle of Anime Viewing Experience, Western, Asiatic or Yeet-Emphatic

lookin 4ward 2 chihayafaruu season 3 this october 4 future releases but not much's piqued my interest otherwise
KHOKABOG

Post by KHOKABOG » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:53 am

I do not watch the devil's moving pictures (Animay, as it is called in Formosa), but I do enjoy oriental picture books (mango, after the fruit) every once in a while.
Dagger Latvia ♂Dungeon♂Master♂
レバニラ

Post by レバニラ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 pm

I've got a couple going:
On my own I'm watching Kimagure Orange Road and finishing Monster.
With my house mate (duplex's other unit) I'm rewatching Tiger and Bunny.
With my wife I'm watching Kaze No Yojimbo, which is a criminally low budget reimagining of Kurosawa Akira's Sanjuro.

I should probably watch something new, but I'm also a cunt and would rather watch my mile long back log.
Call me Liver.
SpaceLions

Post by SpaceLions » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 pm

I finished watching Lain, which depressed the fuck out of me so to cleanse the pallet I picked up Haibane Renmei, which some of the Lain creators worked on.
Let me tell you, Haibane Renmei is literally the only slice of life with any merit. It satisfies the brainless indulgence of cute girls with an actual overarcing mystery that builds as the show goes on. Real good shit.
Also Don, please make this screenshot of Lain into an icon. You might have to reformat it.
Attachments
fucking retard.PNG
fucking retard.PNG (553.78KiB)Viewed 6562 times
レバニラ

Post by レバニラ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:12 pm

SpaceLions wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 pm
I finished watching Lain, which depressed the fuck out of me so to cleanse the pallet I picked up Haibane Renmei, which some of the Lain creators worked on.
Let me tell you, Haibane Renmei is literally the only slice of life with any merit. It satisfies the brainless indulgence of cute girls with an actual overarcing mystery that builds as the show goes on. Real good shit.
Also Don, please make this screenshot of Lain into an icon. You might have to reformat it.
If you want a complete slice of life by the same team, look up NeiA_7, also written NeiA Under Seven. Legend has it Abe was drawing the margins of something for Lain, and someone saw his doodle of an alien looking at nutrition facts going "One PERSON's serving? But I'm an alien" and went "Yeah make that into a show"

It's without a doubt one of my all time favorites, but I don't think anyone else enjoys it.
Call me Liver.
Penseroso

Post by Penseroso » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:16 pm

Recently finished NGE + End of Evangelion for the first time.
Didn't like it tbh.
SpaceLions

Post by SpaceLions » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:17 pm

レバニラ wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:12 pm
SpaceLions wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 pm
If you want a complete slice of life by the same team, look up NeiA_7, also written NeiA Under Seven. Legend has it Abe was drawing the margins of something for Lain, and someone saw his doodle of an alien looking at nutrition facts going "One PERSON's serving? But I'm an alien" and went "Yeah make that into a show"

It's without a doubt one of my all time favorites, but I don't think anyone else enjoys it.
That sounds hilarious, I'll put it on the list. I don't even really hate slice of life, I just hate how we went from Azumanga Daioh to whatever the fuck that gay zombie high schooler bullshit is called. And yes, even stating that is still gay as fuck too.