Help Wanted! Gore Fest: The Website

A realm of fantasy gaming ... discuss games or play GORE FEST online
MidDayDelusion
Re: Help Wanted! Gore Fest: The Website

Post by MidDayDelusion » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Basic HTML? CSS? JS? I'm here for all of it.
Gorefest is gonna be prison-hold name.
Email: m.geode@gmail.com
Phone: 911
don
Site Admin

Post by don » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:25 pm

レバニラ wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:38 pm
don wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:34 pm
I think we should focus on the quirks for now -- anything that requires a stat roll should be done with a virtual d20, that way all the options available are possible for the character generator. Conspiracy theorist is the biggest deal here.

For family, yeah, I think everything is up to a coin flip, even the gender of of the spouse.

For the duplicates I think the best thing is to ignore duplicate rolls, but not make an additional roll in their place. That way a character with Jazz Musician twice or whatever will just have Jazz Musician and one less total quirk. I do like 4 quirk characters, but sometimes they work better with 2 or three and given the number of repeats the RNG turns out it might be a good way to handle producing characters with fewer quirks.
Conspiracy is in the can.
TBH I'm actually really proud with how it turned out.

I'll hop on the family thing then. I'll make husband/wife 50/50, as well as each kid.
I'll try to jump on it later today.

And I'll try to figure out some way to handle the doubles. It might be a little more troublesome than I'd like but we can make it work. (Should I ignore doubles when it comes to missing limbs though? That seems like it could benefit from it.)
Yeah, keep a double on missing limb. What's the best way to handle it? Maybe just re-roll repeats?
レバニラ

Post by レバニラ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:11 pm

Going through quirks. On page 16 of the PDF, the Taboo Sexual Fetish roll says Roll a d8, but only has options for 1-6.

Also, how would you like the verbiage for this to go. The way you feel is easy, but for the taboo sexual fetish, do you have a specific way you want to write it?

"Behind closed doors, I've got a thing for (kids)'
Followed by the verbatim 'The Way You Feel About It' roll.

Let me know, and I'll pump out the code for the rest of it in the mean time.

Also that's a decent status update. I've skipped family man. And will get around to the duplicate stuff once I finish the rest of these, but we're making progress.

Also fuck you for making all the multiple roll quirks at the end. Really throws off how much work I thought I had left.
Call me Liver.
don
Site Admin

Post by don » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:15 pm

レバニラ wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:11 pm
Going through quirks. On page 16 of the PDF, the Taboo Sexual Fetish roll says Roll a d8, but only has options for 1-6.

Also, how would you like the verbiage for this to go. The way you feel is easy, but for the taboo sexual fetish, do you have a specific way you want to write it?

"Behind closed doors, I've got a thing for (kids)'
Followed by the verbatim 'The Way You Feel About It' roll.

Let me know, and I'll pump out the code for the rest of it in the mean time.

Also that's a decent status update. I've skipped family man. And will get around to the duplicate stuff once I finish the rest of these, but we're making progress.

Also fuck you for making all the multiple roll quirks at the end. Really throws off how much work I thought I had left.
This all sounds good. Let me get you updated verbiage on all the upcoming quirks.